Monday 14 July 2008

Dreaded Winter Ills have hit!

Not a lot of crafting happening. I have been sick for a couple of weeks with a virus that just does not want to let go. It started of as a head cold but has now migrated to my chest - tight chest and dry, nasty cough that is keeping me awake most nights. Hopefully it will go away soon.

I did finish a little pram blanket which is put away for a new arrival expected in the extended family later in the year. I knitted the squares and then crocheted these together using a technique from the No Pattern Knits book I bought last year. Last of all I added a crocheted border - picot edge. It is a small blanket that I thought might useful for travelling or pram rides.



I have been very interested in Mel's sewing kit swap for kids that she has organised recently. Makes me wish my DD was just a little bit younger - wistfully thinking about how none of this wonderful blogland stuff was discovered until my kids were older.

I used the patterns and ideas from this book with my children when they were younger. They both ended up with a little collection of felt objects that they had very proudly stitched themselves. I struggled a little with the rhyming text but found the techniques to be very good.

Will stop now as the coughing is getting worse again.

5 comments:

  1. That blanket is lovely. I love the colours you have chosen.

    Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The blankie is lovely...what a sweet gift for a new baby.
    Hope you get better really soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your feeling better real soon. What a sweet little pram rug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. Hope you feel better soon. Love the little blanket, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are feeling brighter by now! Love your pram rug - lovely colours, especially love the verigated wool! We joined up to the Kids sewing swap - there are such lovely opportunities out there - if only we had more time!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.