Thursday 30 October 2008

Crochet Bowl and Shop Update

In amongst the other things I have been doing there was time for a little crochet. Nothing difficult but quite relaxing and great for in front of the television as I fed my addiction for TV crime shows. No one else in the family understands the fixation with any of these shows so mostly they only get watched when no-one else wants the TV.

What did I make - I hear you asking - a little double layered bowl. I crocheted it amigurumi style and then just tucked one half inside the other to end up with a fairly sturdy bowl. It will be just right as a thread catcher for the odds and bods of wool that gather when sewing up knitting or crocheting.



I stitched the two layers together in the centre of the bottom and did a row of running stitches about one centimetre from the top. The most interesting bit was making the decreases at the end match the increases at the beginning because I didn't write anything down. I just used the good old trial and error method and undid and redid the decrease until it fitted.

There was also time for a quick madeit shop update with another pair of helping hands being added. Edited Nov 17 - helping hands have been sold.



Please drop by and take a look - not just at ours - but at all the other loveliness being listed on this Australian site.

5 comments:

  1. I love the little crochet bowl...so sweet and a great colour combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cute!! Really clever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the crochet bowl - great way to spend the TV watching time! I like to do little handwork projects if I'm watching tv. Makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.

    Sarah J Doyle
    http://SewingBusiness.com (blog)
    http://PatternsThatFitYou.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your little bowl is gorgeous! love how the colours merge into one another..and love the helping hands too!
    The only US crime shows I watch are the Law and Order series! esp SVU and Criminal Intent..brilliant! Hope you're having a nice weekend and staying out of the wild wind! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love that gorgeous crochet bowl. It's divine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.