Thursday 21 January 2010

Applique on Drawstring Bag


A quick post to share this little applique. I needed to repair a pair of denim shorts - they have been so well loved that the fabric had worn thin on the front. I added an applique flower just like the one in the photo with a smaller one on the other leg. I did some repair work to the inner leg seams with a multi stitch zigzag, some bias tape and a bit of fusible webbing and will now get a little more wear from the shorts before they fall apart. I fused the bias tape to the inside of the seams and then used the multi stitch zigzag on the outside to hold it all together.

I like the colours I had chosen for the applique so made another and added to a lined drawstring bag. This bag will come in handy to hold those little bits and pieces that need a home in my creating space.



Off to sort some of the accumulated stash of fabric, felt, yarn, buttons and other things crafty.

2 comments:

  1. The applique is the perfect finishing touch! Drawstring bags are so handy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooohhh how cute is that bag!!!
    Thank you also for the comment on my blog! It always makes my day :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.