Monday 17 September 2007

New skirt and some more cross stitch

A recent trip to sewing stores led to the discovery of a new skirt pattern, which Crafty Things and I tried out today.
The result:
From Sewing Stuff

It is Kwik Sew pattern 3513. We did view C with the front flounce in size XS and for once didn't have to make many adjustments to fit me! This is a full skirt with a roll over waistband and we added some elastic at the base of the waistband just to make it firm. The other thing we changed was doing a rollover hem on the flounce instead of a normal one. The fabric is a lightweight stretch with a pattern of stars on it that we found at Spotlight. This is only the first one! We already have another piece of fabric for the next skirt!
Thank you Crafty Things for doing the sewing, she is much faster than me!

I have finished another cross-stitch project. I found this kit that seemed perfect to give to a friend who is moving to another school.

From Avid Crafter'...

I put some pretty fabric on the back to hide all the ends! Now I just have to get it to her.

On all these trips to sewing and crafting stores I inevitably picked up some new kits. 'Summer Chic' and a Suzy's Zoo one that says "Have a Daisy Day". The picture is of a teddy holding daisies. Also Crafty Things discovered a small kit of a lorikeet buried in a box which she promply 'donated' to me. So I finished one kit to find another three!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.