Wednesday 19 September 2007

Oh so CUTE!

Another recent purchase of crafty things was The Cute Book by Aranzi Aronzo. Today my friend and I tried making a few of the critters, with very cute results.
From Avid Crafter'...

Here they are all together. I made the two cats and the fish and my friend made the monkey, the sheep and the dog. The fish was a rather tricky first one to try and it didn't help trying to sew it up with too much stuffing in it! But by my third critter, the grey cat, all my stitching was much neater. I added the ribbon loops on the cats so that they can be hung off things.

From Avid Crafter'...


Very early on we decided that the french knots were much too hard work and used beads instead! I very much dislike french knots as they always disapear on me and turn into a straight stitch, evil little things! Beads are much more co-operative.
From Avid Crafter'...

As The Cute Book is translated from Japanese some of the wording is a little strange. This monkey is a serious monkey. He is a serious monkey because he is from Japan and isn't a chimp. That is why he has a short tail. It instructs you to craft him seriously.

I think there will be many more cute critters to come because they just so CUTE.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Avid Crafter
    Love your cutesies. Looks like you had some fun with them.
    Love Nan

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.