Saturday 9 August 2008

Another Amigurumi Tortoise



The creating is continuing, although I have not got back to my little felt book yet - still mulling over ideas for the next pages, with another little tortoise being created using the same yarn as the pram blanket. The pattern is from Simple Arts Planet and is very easy to make. I used French knots for the eyes so that it is safe around young children.



Another view - the french knot is very clear in this shot. I used to avoid french knots but have recently revisited them courtesy of all the great how-to's that are accessible via the www. I would love to link to a very good video tutorial but I didn't bookmark it. It was a very clear tutorial on making great French knots.

Speaking of knots check out this site. Another great little suggestion that I came across the other day.

1 comment:

  1. He looks very cute perched up in the sunshine.. must have been yesterday, today is freezing! Gx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.