Monday 5 January 2009

Still here!!

Ok, you could be excused for thinking we'd vanished for the amount we've been posting lately but we're still here!! The week before Christmas was pretty hectic and things didn't slow down until New Year's or so and this past week we have been away with no Internet access. Hence the small number of posts. Christmas itself was really good, we got to see some family we don't usually see including the littlies, we ate (lots) and of course there were the presents:

My haul, including having one of my cross-stitches framed, clothes, camera bag, DVDs and crafty stuff. Not to mention the vouchers (shopping spree!!)

My contributing for presents for the newest littlies went from this pile of fabrics (including a gorgeous vintage? Peter Rabbit cotton):



to these:



They are from the Softies book and I love them! They were easy to make and the only problems were the arms not sewing in quite properly but some hand sewing work fixed that. The blue one has been given and although the recipient is a bit young to appreciate the idea of Christmas presents, Mum and Big Sis were happy with him.

The pink one is going a way further and is waiting for a baby calendar to be finished before she and a texture cloth with her name embroidered on the back get sent away all together. It will be a rather late birth/Christmas present by the time it gets there, oh well.



And last but not least, an update on my underwater cross-stitch:


I'm more than halfway now :-) All of the right end is finished including backstitch and the left side only has 3 fish, 2 sea-weed plants, bubbles and a whole lot of water in it. I'm hoping to get it done really quickly, hopefully before June, but it should definitely be done before the end of 2009 :-) It's the biggest cross-stitch I've ever done but it isn't taking the longest, yay!


I hope all of you had a great Christmas and New Year's and that your 2009 is full of health and happiness.

4 comments:

  1. I love your softies, I have the books but haven't actually sewn anything from them. Your lovely softies make me want to ASAP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you both!! Love the cute house softies you made - just gorgeous. Your cross stitch is looking stunning - you must be super pleased with it. I have done some cross stitch myself and know how long it takes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love those softies and the xstitch is beautiful .
    Clare's Craftroom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad there are others out there that haven't been blogging either. It's so time consuming when you have a house/family/kids/holidays.
    Lovely gifts received and given.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.