The first two have ribbon flowers that are stitched as loops in a circle. The ribbon is silk ribbon that has been hand dyed using Ozecraft dyes. The idea for the ribbon flowers came from the February 2007 copy of Quick and Easy Stitch and Craft. In the magazine they used a diamante for the centre of the flower but I tried a button and quite liked the end result. A visit to the craft fair at the weekend reminded me that I had the dyes and I purchased a small amount of silk ribbon to experiment with. Using the dye also means you can create unique background paper to match the ribbon. The silk ribbon is probably not quite robust enough for the flowers as dragging it through the holes made the last loops a little more bedraggled than the first.
The dragonfly was a new stencil purchased at the weekend and I also played with Sparking H20's to give it some sparkle. Background paper is Heidi Grace - garden flowers. I think maybe next time I try the dragonfly I will place it on an angle.
Unfortunately when I scanned these cards the colours have not quite come out the same as the originals. I tried to adjust them but was still unhappy with the hessian. It is more muted than it appears in the scanned image. Oh well, I just need more practice at editing images.