Saturday 24 May 2008

A Little Sewing and Pretty Flowers

I got time this week for a little sewing. I have wanted to try out this little pattern for a while now. Leanne posted a tutorial about creating a thread holder for all those little scraps that accumulate when you are stitching. I had the post bookmarked and had time this week to make my own. It is a fun little project and Leanne's instructions and photos are nice and clear. Thanks, Leanne for posting the tutorial.





I have given this to my lovely daughter to use when she is busy cross stitching so that she has somewhere pretty to put all the little waste threads. It is nice to be able to surround yourself with pretty but practical things.

A picture of some flowers to finish this post. These beautiful flowers were delivered to us during the week. I am enjoying the colours so much as each flower bud opens. It is not a common thing for us to receive flowers so these were very much appreciated. They were sent by my husband's work as a 'thinking of you' gift. His father is still very unwell from a brain injury sustained at Easter doing home maintenance. There has been some improvement but there is a long road ahead to recovery and there may well be long term damage - more testing and rehab is needed yet before any final outcome will be known.

5 comments:

  1. It's really pretty, love the little umbrella fabric :O)
    The flowers are beautiful, especially the liliums (my favourite)
    So sorry to hear about your father in law..I hope he continues to make improvements and heal.
    Wishing you all a lovely weekend..halfway through already! Gx

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job with the thread holder. Sorry to hear the sad news about your FIL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have made many of these thread catchers. I use them for all sorts of things around the house. Love the fabrics you have used.
    So sorry to hear your FIL has such a long journey ahead. Thinking of you all xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pretty thread catcher - I will have to check out Leannes tute! Wishing your FIL a speedy recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thank you for the link, the little thread holder is gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.