Saturday 19 May 2007

More Things Owl!



I think the owls are preparing for a takeover. Three more have been made and two have flown off to join the others at Mum's. One is a mother owl, using Ana's pattern, for the orphan given for Mother's Day and the other is my first attempt at sewing an owl from the pattern many others have shared on the web. Thanks to the great tutowlrial here it was an easy and fun bit of sewing. I used some scraps from a woollen coat I made for my mother-in-law and the other scrap was from a bag I made recently. The orginal pattern was posted on a craft forum but the instructions are all written in Japanese.
The third was made using Amy's pattern again and used some beautiful grey mottled wool. A baby using a darker mottled grey is planned for this mummy.

All the owls are frolicking in my Picasa album - All Things Owl

Yay! We have been getting a few comments. It is nice to think that someone has wandered past and had a little look at our crafting attempts. We are also starting to get the hang of adding comments to the blogs we admire.

2 comments:

  1. loving those owls....now I'm tempted to go and try one myself...

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the comments re the gocco - you might also like the owls & patterns for them on www.oneredrobin.com - jhoanna came to our blogmeet on friday night and gave us a postcard with three owls she had made on it. might be worth a look. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.