Wednesday 4 June 2008

A Little Play with Artrage

I haven't played with Artrage for a while but while looking at some flower photos I thought of using one as a colour palette. I loaded the image as a custom picker and just used random colours to create a background with the paint roller and the palette knife to blend.

I added a new layer and imported the same picture as a tracing image. I used the glitter tool to paint over the flower and erased any unwanted edge glitter. The glitter tool is so much fun when you use it with a tracing image - your picture just appears as you add the glitter to the page! It gives a textured picture that is formed from your tracing image.

The next step was to use the copy layer and transform layer functions to create more flowers - each on their own layer. I reduced the opacity of these flower layers, resized them and moved them around on the page to sit behind the main flower.I changed change the paper settings for the layers and gave the background layer some texture to end up with my finished picture.



I know that I haven't drawn the flower - that would be way beyond me to reproduce it this accurately - I just like changing the texture of the image with the glitter and also having fun blending the background colours.

3 comments:

  1. That's fantastic. Looks amazing. Now I have another thing to add to the list of things I'd like to play around with. So many projects, so little time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's really pretty! I've been playing around with a few photo editing sites recently but hadn't heard of this one.. so thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful photo!
    Kind regards

    Sonnja & Beertje Zonn
    From the Netherlands

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.