Monday 21 January 2008

My First Amigurumi

Whee! I made my very first amigurumi! It's also the first time I've ever crocheted in the round so I'm very happy!



The pattern comes from here, and looked so simple I just had to try it! Lucky for me, I had lots of help from Crafty Things, a much more experienced, albeit left-handed, crocheter. She showed me how to do everything while making an owlet of her own. Considering my lack of experience, I'm very happy with my owlet.



Two little owlets-in-progress seem to create a bit of mess!



Here they are, roosting in a tree. I'm amazed at the difference in texture created by the different ply of the yarn used.

1 comment:

  1. OMG - these are so sweet- you have really done a great job - the eyes are just right!! Gx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.