Wednesday 2 January 2008

Christmas is over and Happy New Year

Well Christmas is over and the new year has begun. I can now share some of the things crafted before Christmas as the gifts have been given, opened and taken to new abodes.

First up the finished product from this post.

From Secret Christ...

Thanks so much to Autum from Creative Little Daisy who created this wonderful applique based on the owls created by Moonstitches from this book.

Autum was so generous in giving me permission to use her applique design on a big, roomy bag that I made for my Mum for Christmas. I had previously made one of the little owls following Moonstitches tutowlrial for her and when I came across this design on flickr I just knew that it would look great on a bag. The bag is big and had a pocket on the inside with two sections.

I based the construction of the bag on the instructions for a tote from the Bend the Rules Sewing book. I also found the flickr group for Bend The Rules Sewing to be very helpful. It has lots of great pictures of finished products and also has many useful discussions about all the patterns in the book.

I also sewed some little drawstring bags following the instructions from here. Unfortunately as these were created very close to Christmas there are no photos. One was for a little teddy to live in, one was for a travel games bag that held a Yahtzee score pad, dice and two packs of playing cards and the last one held a stretchy frog.

I made two more pencil rolls as blogged about here. One was made from bright yellow fabric with coloured dots and the other from some blue fabric with soccer players. The only modification was to add a layer of fabric to the felt closure as I have found that the felt stretched when used on its own.

Last was a little dress which I will save for another post.

Happy New Year to anyone who wanders past.

2 comments:

  1. oooh I love anything owlish! This is an adorable bag!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owls are all the go and I can why, they are so cute.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.