Wednesday 26 March 2008

Happy Easter

Belated Easter greetings to you all. The blog silence was because we went away for Easter. Easter this year was also Avid Crafter's birthday - a double set of celebrations. She is definitely not lacking in chocolate supplies!

A little crafting happened on the Easter break but no photos yet. I had time to experiment with dyeing some of the little crocheted flowers that I make. I found some very cheap 100% wool in Spotlight and crocheted the flowers first and then dyed them. I tried out some lace dyes that I bought last year and some ink. The ink was an experiment following some information I picked up at last year's craft fair. A little ink in some water, put in the wet flower and zap in the microwave for a short time to heat set the ink. I have yet to rewash the flower to see if the dye has set. I will post pictures soon but have not yet had time to take any and today is revolting weather with no good light for any picture taking!!

Instead I will post this shot - taken in my back yard recently. Ballet dancer is what I thought off when I saw it.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Girls,
    I received my prize today. It was absolutely gorgeous, thankyou so so much. Keep your eyes peeled because it's nearly time for a giveaway on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...thank you. A picture of my favorite flower! I miss them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you Avid Crafter.
    Those crocheted flowers sound wonderful. Can't wait to see.
    The Ballet Dancer will keep us pleased till then. Lovely flower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting our crafty blog. Your comments are appreciated.